I get so many people asking me "what is the best way as a Young Adult to fight Temptation". Check out these 7 steps to overcoming temptation
1. Identify my top temptation(s). Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
- Knowing what you struggle with is half the battle
- What you don’t know wont hurt you, but it could actually kill you
2. Where am I when I fall. David And Bathsheba, Sampson and Delilah
- Your physical position will effect your spiritual condition
3. Share your temptation with someone who can help you. James 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
- Friends don’t let friends stay in sin
4. Resist your temptation. James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
- Hebrews 12: 4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.
5. Memorize scripture. Psalm 119:11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.
- Isaiah 59:19 When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the LORD will lift up a standard against him.
- The word will keep you when you don’t wanna be keep.
6. Fast and Pray.
- Matthew 17:21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.
- It is impossible for the enemy to attack your mind when it is consumed by worship